Monday, December 20, 2010

Vacation

Today is my first day of a much needed vacation. I've taken quite a bit of time off in the last few months . . . mostly because I need to use the leave or it will be taken away on January 9th. Although I've taken a lot of time off I don't feel like I've had a lot of time off. The last few months have been extremely stressful at work and I'm afraid it had been carrying over into my life outside of work. I don't want to go into the details too much, mostly because I think most of the stressful situations have finally been resolved as of last Friday. One major stressor that I will share is that there was a possibility the hospital I work at was going to be closed. By the grace of God, I found out Friday that it will remain open! Obviously some other stressors have been cleared up as well since I mentioned feeling like I had a new start on Thursday with the freshly fallen snow. Without going into specifics, I feel more welcome at work than I have in a long time. With all that said, this next week will be far more of a vacation than any of the other time I've taken off in the last few months. Although it will be busy I'm determined to find time to relax and enjoy the feeling of weight that has been lifted from my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

    Powered By Blogger