Monday, August 10, 2009
1941 Sewing Machine
Yesterday I was feeling brave (and inspired by some fun remnants from the fabric store) so I decided to dust off my sewing machine and put it to use. I didn't know much about the machine other than it being a Singer. Luckily we live in the age of internet and therefore, answers to pretty much any question instantly. After a quick google search and looking down a list of serial numbers I found out my sewing machine was manufactured in Elizabeth, NJ in 1941! After opening the machine I realized the bobbin had fallen out when we moved to sewing machine from our old house last year. I feel terrible admitting it's been that long since I used the machine. Unfortunately I didn't remember how to get the bobbin set or the upper thread set. Once again google came to the rescue and I found a manual with directions and pictures that were fairly close to my machine. I managed to get the bobbin and the thread set with only a few tries and . . . 

I made a purse!
With some of the scraps left over I made a couple pockets on the inside. Above is a picture of a triangle shaped pocket that probably won't be too functional but I think it's cute. I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow after having a week off but at least I'll have a fun purse to cheer me up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You're so crafty! It's super cute.
ReplyDelete