Sunday, August 2, 2009
Poor Katie
I'm sitting in the living room with my poor dog hiding under a chair. Like many dogs she hates thunderstorms. Luckily we haven't had too many lately. Before last weekend I couldn't even remember when the last bad storm came through. Katie hiding under a chair is nothing compared to how she was in a storm last week.
Gray and I took her down to visit my parent in Richmond. We had a great Saturday going to the farmer's market, going for long walks around the neighborhood and rolling around in the backyard (Katie rolled around in the yard not me). After a beautiful but warm day we fell asleep quickly but woke up at 2:30 in the morning to a terrible storm. There was continuous lightning and thunder. All of the lightning reminded me of a strobe light. I tried to lay quietly in bed so Katie wouldn't start whining but as the storm got closer I practically jumped out of bed after a loud clap of thunder. Katie was shaking like a leaf. Gray, who spoils her to death got down on the floor with her to comfort her. Yes, we know she is a dog not a child but she's our baby. Anyway, we finally picked her up and put her on the bed between us. I've never felt her shake like she did in that storm. She's handling this storm much better . . . no shaking, just laying in her 'cave' under a chair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment