Monday, March 23, 2009
Chocolate Pie
I've made three chocolate pies in the last 48 hours so I figured this was as good a time as any to share the recipe with everyone. This is one of my favorite family recipes- although it's not purely from my family! My mom actually got the recipe from a woman she used to work with named Jane Ruffin Grubb who is related to Edmund Ruffin the man who fired the first shot in the Civil War. (I know that's up for debate but let's not worry about it.) If you're looking for a great, easy, scrumptious dessert give this a try.

2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
3 T. cocoa
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup light cream or evaporate milk
1 t. vanilla extract
1 unbaked 9" pie shell
1/4 t. salt
Beat the eggs well in bowl. Combine sugar, cocoa, salt, melted butter, milk and vanilla. Blend well. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment