Sunday, March 22, 2009
Hummus
Here is one of the recipes I've been using a lot in the last few weeks during our meatless lent endeavor. Gray and I got this hummus recipe from our friend Scott. I love it so much because the fresh lemon juice makes it so tart and there is no garlic in it. Don't get me wrong, I love garlic but I think I might prefer hummus sans garlic.
1 large can of garbanzo beans
juice from 2 lemons
3 1/2 T. Sesame Tahini
1 t. salt (to taste)
1 T. cracked black pepper
2 to 3 T. water depending on the consistency you prefer
Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
Gray and I use less salt in pretty much everything we make so use your judgement. You can always add more but once it's too salty, in my opinion it's ruined.
Thanks for the recipe Scott!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment