Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cranky Grouch

After battling with a computer practically the entire morning I was a cranky grouch.  If you're anything like me fighting with a computer for hours on end, especially in the morning, is just bad news.  I feel sorry for my coworkers.  There are five of us in an office the size of a long skinny closet.  There is no way me being a cranky grouch can be fun for anyone.  It's interesting how my day ended up though.  In the middle of being a complete cranky grouch in the office I led my first Music Therapy group of the day, a guitar based group.  The group was awesome!  Everyone asked great questions and we all had a blast.  Sometimes I just don't understand how the world works.  When I feel like I'm having a great day my groups can end up being disasters while other days I feel like a disaster and my groups are great.  After my great first group I headed back to the office and fought with the computer for almost two more hours . . . and became more and more of a cranky grouch.  Then I had two more fabulous groups.  Luckily by the time I clocked out to head home I had finally escaped being a cranky grouch and the rest of the evening has been great.  Now I'm definitely not complaining; I love feeling good about my groups.  It just seemed like a contrary day.  Maybe I just wasn't in a good emotional place to handle terrible groups so someone was trying to help me out.

Have you ever had a day like mine where you might be a cranky grouch but things around you, maybe even beyond your control seem to just turn out great?

No comments:

Post a Comment

    Powered By Blogger