Friday, February 27, 2009

Guacamole

Since Gray and I aren't eating meat during lent we're trying recipes have been sitting on the shelf for awhile.  I know some people don't think avocados are healthy but check out this website that lists the healthy aspects of avocados.  This recipe came from Betsy, one of my alto buddies at church.  Gray and I might try it with less garlic next time but we both think this is a great recipe.  It should be . . . Betsy got it from a relative who lives in California.  Enjoy!

3 avocados
1 small onion, chopped fine
some chopped green chili
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. coriander
dash of cayenne
salt to taste
1/2 to 1 clove minced garlic
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 peeled, seeder, chopped tomato
3 Tbsp. lemon juice

This recipe makes quite a bit of guacamole but it freezes well.  I just put the part we weren't going to eat immediately in three Ziploc sandwich bags.  I squeezed all the air out and then froze them.  To thaw it we just put the bag in the sink with some luke warm water.  It worked perfectly and kept the avocado from turning black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

    Powered By Blogger