Thursday, February 12, 2009
A Windy Day
Last night as I was trying to fall asleep a nice little wind and rain storm came practically from nowhere. Katie, Gray and I were so surprised we immediately checked the weather to see if there was a tornado warning. I immediately started thinking about all the people in Oklahoma that were effected by tornadoes just the other day. Luckily weather.com just said we needed to worry about high winds . . . gusts up to 65 mph. Just to give you an idea of how strong the winds are they make our three story townhouse and all of our furniture shake. I woke up several times last night and then this morning to continued high winds. They're supposedly not as bad as last night but Katie and I had quite a hard time walking around this morning; especially Katie who is a very skittish dog. At least one home in our neighborhood is missing some siding. Not only was it missing but there was still some siding hanging from the house waving wildly in the wind. (If you have vinyl siding you probably know that it makes a very bizarre noise in high winds. Katie and I are not big fans of that noise.) At one point on our walk Katie couldn't even move forward. I had to pick her up and carry her until the wind died down. It's a good thing I love my little dog. Now she is laying in the bathroom in the sun probably relieved we're back in the house away from all the scary things outside. I surveyed our house quickly once we got back from our walk. Luckily we do not have any damage so far. The wind is supposed to continue until this evening so I'll be doing some praying that everyone fairs well in these high winds.
On the up side of all this, it is a mild sunny day which is a wonderful change from how cold it was just a few weeks ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment