Saturday, February 14, 2009

In Sharp Contrast

This Valentine's Day is 'in sharp contrast' to last year's.  By coincidence on February 14, 2008, Gray and I closed on our house!  I decided to work because I wanted to take a whole week off to get the house organized as much as possible.  So even though we were closing in the middle of the day, I went to work early.  If I remember correctly almost as soon I got to work there was an emergency at work that ended up taking the whole morning to resolve.  Then I ran off to lead a group immediately followed by closing on our house during my lunch break.  The rest of the day was a blur, or at least uneventful because I don't remember very much.  I do remember staying until almost 10 at night because I wanted to get all my work done since I was taking so much time off the following week.  Several people kept seeing me around the hospital and asking what I was doing there so late on Valentine's Day.  To be honest I kept forgetting that it was Valentine's Day.  Gray and I hardly thought about Valentine's Day because we were so consumed with purchasing our first house.  Though it was great to give each other such a wonderful gift.  'In sharp contrast' to 2008, this year we're having a very low key Valentine's Day.  I did make heart shaped sugar cookies the other night and I put some cherry flavored gummy hearts in our candy dish.  Other than that I think we might go to the library or just spend time together.  It's been hard to do that lately because of our work schedules and other new commitments.  Mostly I'd like to take some time today to just be with Gray after such a busy week.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

    Powered By Blogger