Monday, February 16, 2009

The Shack

I started reading The Shack by William Paul Young today.  After reading for most of the morning I made myself put the book down and get some laundry done.  I should probably wait until I finish the book to post something about it but I'm already so taken by it I can't wait.  If you're not familiar with the book here is the description from the back cover:
"Mackenzie Allen Philips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness.  Four year later, in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare.  What he finds there will change Mack's world forever."

I'm reading the book so I can go to a book group meeting on Wednesday through my church.  I won't give anything away but I will let you know how the book group goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

    Powered By Blogger