Thursday, February 26, 2009
First Supper
Last night Gray and I didn't get home until pretty late because the Ash Wednesday service was at 8:00pm. I picked Gray up some dinner from Noodles, Co. and I didn't even eat dinner because my Olive Garden lunch was so late. Anyway, tonight was our first real Vegetarian Meal for lent. I made Potato & Leek soup and we tried Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Steak Strips, not sure why the name is so long. We put the "steak strips" on top of a salad which was very easy and also very tasty. The soup was also an easy recipe. It is from Rachel Ray's 30-Minute Meals: Veggie Meals. I can't reproduce the recipe here and it isn't listed on her website but I think its use of instant mashed potatoes is what makes it so unique and a quick meal. Overall I think our meal was a success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment